Apple iPhone 11 Pro review
Overall score: 90/100
Tested September 2019
We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
The iPhone 11 Pro is the perfect way to get all the features of the best iPhone money can buy (the iPhone 11 Pro Max) but in a smaller, more compact size. It’s just as fast as the iPhone 11 Pro Max and the camera takes fantastic photos too. The wide and ultra-wide-angle lenses let you get more in your pictures, from scenery to people in portrait mode, while the telephoto lens lets you take close up shots from further away. Even better, the new night mode makes sure shots in low light can be seen but have realistic colouring. It’s a highly expensive phone, but is packed full of features to justify the price tag.
Despite the smaller screen size, it’s still good for watching movies and TV shows as it has the same extremely bright and sharp OLED display and powerful audio that makes you feel as if you’re really in the action. The battery is slightly smaller than the iPhone 11 Pro Max, but still lasts up to 18 hours when watching videos. It may be slightly cheaper than its bigger brother and it’s still pricey, but for a phone that has pretty much everything, it’s worth it.
Available from: apple.com/uk
GHI Expert Verdict
The best iPhone money can buy, the 11 Pro is expensive but it’s also quick, has fantastic battery life, and cameras that can take photos that make you feel like a pro. Our only gripe is that you can’t expand the storage space yourself.
- Screen size: 5.8in
- Resolution: 2436×1125
- Processor: Apple A13 Bionic
- Storage space: 64GB
- Cameras: 3x rear cameras (12MP Wide Angle, 12MP Ultra Wide Angle, 12MP Telephoto), 12MP front camera
- MicroSD Card slot: No
- Weight: 188g
- Ease of use: 4.8/5
- Design: 4.5/5
- Instructions: 4/5
- Performance: 4.6/5
- It’s quick to recharge, getting to 50% charge in 30 minutes and fully charged in just over an hour, if you use the fast charger in the box
- It has handy features for taking video such as being able to switch between the wide and ultra-wide-angle lenses smoothly when recording and even tap and hold the shutter button when taking a photo to quickly capture a short video
- The front camera can take slo-mo videos, which Apple dubs ‘slofies’
- It’s possible to adjust the depth of field effect on portrait style shots before or after you’ve taken the photo
- The waterproofing has been increased so it can now withstand up to four metres of water for no longer than 30 minutes
- Gives you around four hours longer battery life than the iPhone XS
We Didn’t Like
- There’s no way to expand the storage size
All product information provided by the manufacturer is correct at time of publication.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io
This commenting section is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. You may be able to find more information on their web site.