How to Fix s9 Charging Port not Working
Hi, I just got a new S9 (first galaxy) and it charges fine but the cable is loose in the port(as in it can be wiggled up and down but it’s still securely in there). I tried a couple different USB c cables and they are all the same way.
This article provides some solutions for Samsung s9 charging port repair.
1. Is the charging port clean?
If you find that the galaxy s9 charging port loose, it may be because a pile of dirt is pressed behind the port and the charging port can be fixed after cleaning it up.
How to clean the Samsung s9 charging port:
CAUTION: Be especially careful when cleaning the charging pins to avoid accidental damage.
1) Turn off the iPhone’s power.
2) If you are using cotton, place the toothpick on the cotton and twist until it catches and begins to wrap the toothpick (only a small amount).
3) Hold the Phone with the back facing up and place the toothpick in the charging port.
4) You may need to scratch the sides of the port carefully. Be careful not to damage the pins on the connector.
5) Try to clean the charging port again and use compressed air.Alternatives to toothpicks include the use of SIM card tools, hair clips or small needles.
2. Check the charging cable
Check the cable for breakage and foreign objects on both ends. If there is no problem with the charger and data cable, you also need to replace a new original charging data cable to determine whether the charger is faulty or the hardware failure of the phone causes the s9 charging port doesn’t work.
3. Is the charging port detecting moisture?
S9’s notification center, which says it detects moisture in the charging port, which will cause Samsung s9 stop charging. It is recommended that you place the Samsung s9 near the heater to dry it and then leave the phone there until phone no longer reports an error in detecting moisture.
4. Samsung s9 charger port repair
If the above steps can’t solve the problem that the Samsung Galaxy S9 charging port cannot be charged, then you can refer to the steps for galaxy s9 plus charging port replacement.
You can have a simpler choice, go to Samsung’s support center, it will cost you a lot of money to solve. I suggest that you can purchase the Samsung mobile phone repair parts you need in GEMWON Mall, then refer to the maintenance manual and replace it yourself. This will add a lot of fun and save galaxy s9 charging port replacement cost.
How to replace Samsung galaxy s9 charging port:
1) Rear cover removal
Turn off your phone and use a heat gun to heat the edges of the phone to loosen the adhesive under the rear glass. You may need to reheat and try to cut multiple times.
2) Cut the adhesive that secures the back cover. As shown, what you can see is the adhesive inside the back cover.
- Press the suction cup onto the back cover. Lift the bottom edge of the back cover with a suction cup to open as mall gap between the back cover and the frame.
Insert a plastic pry tool in the gap you created and slide it to the lower right corner. Insert the second pry and slide it to the lower left corner. Insert a third pry to prevent the adhesive from resealing during the disassembly process.
- Remove the remaining adhesive from the top of the phone.
Do not separate the phone cover. The fragile fingerprint sensor cable still connects the back cover to the motherboard.
Carefully lift the position of the volume button on the side of the rear cover.
Use the edge of the spudger to pick up and disconnect the fingerprint sensor flex cable.
Remove the rear cover.
Remove all residual adhesive from the phone before reassembly and clean the glue area before installing new adhesive.
- Use a #000 Phillips screwdriver to remove the 15 4mm screws from the s9 frame.
- Remove the NFC component.
- Remove the motherboard bracket.
Remove the speaker cover/antenna assembly.
- Remove the five 3 mm screws from the charging port.
Disconnect the three cables.
- Remove the headphone jack and remove the charging port board.
You can replace the broken s9 charging port here, please assemble in reverse order.
The above is to help you solve the broken Samsung s9 charging port, if it’s helpful, I hope you share with more friends. For more information on mobile phone parts and repairs, you can refer to the GEMWON blog.
SOLVED:Why My Phone Won’t Charge
What is Phone Fast Charging Technology
Samsung Galaxy S9 Not Turning on