How to Set up and Activate New iPhone 11/11 Pro(Max)
With the arrival of new iPhone 11/11 Pro(Max), the internet is inundated with numerous tutorials about how to set up new iPhone, but many of which focus merely on iPhone activation guide while ignore the preparation before iPhone setup such as data backup and underestimates the troubleshooting to iPhone 11 problems and performance enhancing tips after iPhone 11 updating, such as data loss, movie and music transfer, and so on. Don’t rush. Below is all you want to get started with your new iPhone or iPad, be you are a greener or iOS Pro. Just check the to-do list when you activate iPhone 11/11 Pro(Max).
Part 1. Make sure you backup your old iPhone first
Backing up old iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/7 Plus/6/6S/5 is considered as a must-to-do before you set up iPhone 11/11 Pro(Max), though it is not actually part of iPhone 11/11 Pro(Max) activation. If data means a lot to you, follow the tutorial to back up iPhone using iTunes and iCloud before you get started with iPhone 11 setup. But if you do need the actual new iPhone 11/11 Pro(Max) setup tutorial, just jump to part 2.
Option 3. How to Back up iPhone with data transfer software: The contents to be backed up via iTunes or iCloud are limited to photos, messages, ringtones, contacts, etc and you cannot back up data selectively. For photos, songs, videos, books synched from computer, etc, the two services are helpless, let along transferring data from iOS to computer. If these are what you concern most, you can try other tool, such as MacX MediaTrans, which is able to selectively back up important data, e.g. music, ringtones, photos, videos, movies, TV shows, books, voice memos, podcast, etc on iPhone iPad and iPod within 3 steps.
Part 2. How to Set up New iPhone 11/11 Pro(Max)/XS/XS Max/XR
With all your data backed up, you can move to the next sector and learn how to set up iPhone 11/11 Pro(Max).
Part 3. Restore your new iPhone from iCloud/iTunes backup
Part 4. How to Transfer Data to your First-Ever iPhone 11/11 Pro(Max) after Setup
If moving all the data to your new iPhone 11/11 Pro(Max) is lengthy and you are fed up with the constant data erasing or unselectable restoring, you can alter to choose to transfer important items selectively and safely by taking advantages of some professional data transfer app such as MacX MediaTrans. It distinguishes from iTunes and iCloud with the following features:
1. Put music onto iPhone without wiping, and transfer songs, playlists, albums and ringtones from iPhone back to computer.
2. Get photos off iPhone to computer and vice versa, along with abilities to delete, organize, and sort photos.
3. Import/export iTunes movies, tv shows, videos between iPhone iPad and computer while reducing file size up to 50%. Remove DRM from iTunes with ease.
4. Transfer other data such as books, audiobooks, iTunes U, Podcast, etc to iPhone or to computer.
5. Ultra fast data transfer speed.
Check the detailed comparison among iTunes, iCloud and MacX MediaTrans before you may a decision for iPhone management.
|Pros||1. Backup iPhone content selectively;
2. No need Wi-Fi;
3. Transfer data between iPhone iPad and computer;
4. No data erasing;
5. Export files from iPhone iPad to computer to free up storage.
1. No need for WiFi Connection;
1. Easy to use;
1. Contents such as movies, music and photos are not supported;
1. Data backup is based on Wi-Fi connection;
Related tutorials to transfer content from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone 8 after setup
Copyright © 2020 Digiarty Software, Inc (MacXDVD). All rights reserved
Apple, the Apple logo, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Digiarty Software is not developed by or affiliated with Apple Inc.